Thursday, July 29, 2010

2007 IKEA CATALOGUE LAUNCH EXHIBITION



Hello Fellow friends, this is a little something I dug out from organising my hard drive - The 2007 IKEA Catalogue Launch Exhibition. IKEA had commissioned 13 design students, paired up and each group is to design the interiors of a room (kitchen, dining, closet, bedroom, library & kidsroom) using only IKEA products. My partner and I got the kidsroom - The Forest. We had a lot of fun in this project, we transformed the walls of the room into massive blackboards , leaf canopy (product of IKEA) decorated in strips of fabric, stuck toilet brushes on the ground as flowers. The whole project was 1.5 months but the exhibition only a 2 days which was a pity. I still remember all the stress I had to go through in meeting deadlines, but the whole experience was worth all the trouble. I'll definitely do it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment